Sunday, October 31, 2010

GOODBYE MOVING...HELLO HOME!

What a crazy and EXCITING year it has been so far!! Since Braden joined us in February...we have moved eight times, lived in 4 states, made some AWESOME friends, celebrated our second wedding anniversary, bought our first home, and this week...I turn 25 (a quarter of a century...YIKES!)!!!

Brian had a really good summer with his work. He really enjoyed the job this year. We went with a new company and it was definitely the best decision we could have made. We lived in a lot of different places which WE LOVED...for the most part :) Moving has its challenges - especially with a baby - but it's so worth it. We started in Tennessee and slowly worked our way through Arkansas and into Texas. While we were in Texas we purchased our first house...IN UTAH....we recognize that we may be a little crazy, but we had the help of a great realtor and our families and it turns out that we couldn't be happier with our new HOME. We've been back for about a month now and we are slowly getting all settled in. Brian took a semester off of school to focus more time on work and to have a break. He starts back at BYU in January. For now...we are enjoying LOTS and LOTS of family time!!! It's going to be a really tough adjustment for Braden and I when Daddy goes back to reality.

Braden is EIGHT months old now. I absolutely CAN'T get enough of him. His smiles, his laughs, the way he stands up in his crib when I go into get him...how he holds onto my legs while I curl my hair or cook dinner...watching him learn & grow...how he can feed himself and how he gets excited about simple things like night lights and water bottles! He is a really, really good baby. He likes to go shopping with me and he is an energetic little guy. He has been on the move since he was about three months old and is now standing by himself for short bits of time - he'll be walking in no time. He definitely keeps Bri and I on our toes. OH, HOW WE LOVE HIM!

Our little family has been officially established for over two years! It's so little time in the grand scheme of things, but I still feel a sense of SHOCK when I think about my life...being married, having a baby, turning 25...it really does fly by. I've been trying really hard lately to focus on and enjoy the little moments in life. One of my favorite times of day is when Braden wakes up bright and EARLY in the morning...when I get to hold him and rock him back to sleep. He won't be my "baby bug" forever, and I'm sure I'll love me little boy, and eventually my grown boy, but I know I will miss out on something so precious if I don't make the VERY MOST of this time! And oh my goodness - I love my husband. He is a wonderful man. Marrying him was the best decision of my life, hands down. I'm so grateful for the time we have together. Can't wait to celebrate MANY, MANY more years with him :)

And the year isn't over yet! HOLIDAYS here we come!



Our new house!



The kiddos....haha...


Jackson Hole with Bri's parents


Hanging out at cabin...


Shooting...I really like guns...


BON FIRE!


Braden and "Old" Papa


Feeding the fish and ducks at Big Springs in Island Park


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love all the pics! Your new house looks like so much fun! And your little bug is getting so big! I can't imagine moving EIGHT times in such a short amount of time even with just me and Brandt - and you had to do it with a baby. I bet it's nice getting settled into a permanent home. Congrats! So glad things are going so well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new house!! It's so fun when you can decorate knowing that it's your home and you can do whatever you want to it. Glad things are going so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz, you're new house looks so cute! You need to post some more pictures of it! Glad to hear you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz! My name is Heather (Loar) Weekes and I was good friends with Brian in school. I am super excited I found your blog so I can see what his cute little family is up to. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! I do not mind at all! I know it's been a while, but I'm taking up blogging again....new years resolution, you know :)

      Delete