Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh Baby.

So blogging is something I had pretty much decided to give up on because I am so much better at keeping my scrapbooks up-to-date and I like to write in my journal. Between my blog being difficult to work with and feeling like it was a bit of a repeat of everything else, I thought it would be kind of nice to stop doing it, BUT, like so many other things in life - I've changed my mind. My sister is converting her blog into books and I am very impressed with how they are turning out...so I've decided to continue blogging here and there and save my posts in a book for my family. Just for the sake of clarity...I am in no way committing to being a better blogger, just a person that has a blog :)

This morning I had an appt with my doctor. This week is the 36 week mark and I'm getting sooooooo EXCITED and really quite ANXIOUS. I am dialated to a one and 75% effaced...the baby is also in a good delivery position. All good news! The time I've had on my hands to prepare for this baby has been such a blessing and I'm grateful for it, BUT if I'm going to be completely honest - all of that TIME is feeling more like a curse than a blessing right now. The highlight of my day is generally watching something on TV...I have a schedule Sunday-Thursday and all I can say is thank goodness for the start of American Idol!! During the day I read a lot, keep the house picked up, walk on the treadmill, work on crafts and scrapbooks, and on days that I'm feeling REALLY adventurous - I go to the store and walk around. It's interesting how being busy makes time fly. I have had a BUSY life until this year and I'm still not quite adjusted. I know I'm in for a lot of surprises with having a baby...long nights..long days...losing my patience I'm sure - BUT I have to say - I CAN'T wait for my little guy to get here and play with me :)

Brian is of course busy, busy, busy. I'm so glad that I married someone as hard-working as he is. I have to give him props for being able to complete a business degree while taking the requirements for chiropractic school. Most of us struggle to do one or the other. And his brain is bouncing back and forth from chemistry to finance every day! He is getting excited for the baby to get here, too. Although, he did inform me last night that this wouldn't be a very good week for him to have a baby...I told him that I'd take that into consideration, but that I wasn't so sure that the baby would :)

We have also been exploring options for work this summer. It has been an interesting year since the end of last summer...so many things have been presented to us as opportunities! I don't think that we would be considering so many different options if we didn't have a baby on the way, but having a 2 month old and moving across the country does scare us a little bit. Even still, working in security is still a GREAT option for us and hopefully if we decide to go that route, we will end up in a good office and in a city with cheap plane tickets for our family to come visit OFTEN!

And as a little recap - the HOLIDAYS were a blast. We spent Thanksgiving in Island Park with Brian's family and Christmas in Burley with my family. We are blessed to have so many wonderful people in our families. I wish I could be with them EVERY DAY and I fully intend on accomplishing that at some point down the road :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Congratulations to all the people out there having babies! It seems like everyone I know has had or is having a baby soon!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've decided to keep blogging--I feel like it's just one more way to stay close when we're so far away! I love you tons...and I'm excited to meet your little guy...we will definately be coming to visit pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I am glad that you are still going to blog... I enjoy reading up on what's happening in your life. Good Luck with the baby you are going to be a fabulous mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you decided to keep blogging. Good luck with the baby!! You are going to be a wonderful mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So was that you that just called in to the office I work for?? It sounded a lot like you...and it was a Burley phone number. I would have asked over the phone, but I would have gotten in trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete