Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Texas Bound.

April is moving month in the Scott household. It's become very routine for us. Over the past four years we have compiled packing lists, cleaning lists, to do lists, and shopping lists specific to the summer move (I really like lists). Yet somehow, even with my amazing lists, we made it to Texas without several needed items that were in fact crossed off....our good pillows, my blow dryer, and a whisk to name a few. They were all discovered to be missing when needed for use.  The replacements:  1) crappy pillows that did make the trip from Utah - they hurt my neck, but I'm too cheap to buy new ones because I already have good ones - even though they aren't going to gently cradle my head until September, 2) one stressed out, wet haired mom crossing items off of a 2 page shopping list while being repeatedly distracted by a 2 year old - on the list a BLOW DRYER, and 3) a fork. a fork is NOT a whisk.
Helping me pack


The first day of the drive was good. We decided take a route that was a little bit longer, but that would take us through Denver where we could stay overnight with my brother Bryan and his family. We don't get to see them often enough. They are so much fun, and have some of the sweetest and cutest little kiddos. 
Driving day 1: Braden sitting nicely in his car seat eating his lunch


The second day of the drive was terrible. One of the most frustrating days of my entire life. I think Brian and Braden would agree. Here is my fb status update to sum up the highlights, "Today is a no good, terrible day. Not only am I terribly sick, but we've been driving for 11 hours. We got to stop a couple of times....when the lovely Kansas police officer gave us a $300 speeding ticket 30 ft into a construction zone, when Braden screamed so loudly that we thought he might cause us permanent hearing damage and eventually to get a milkshake which B promptly spilled and then slipped in. Three hours to go. Never thought I'd say it, but I can't wait to get to Texas."
Driving Day 2: Braden dumping the remaining crumbs of a bag of powdered donuts all over himself and everything else within reach


Unfortunately, the 'bad luck' stuck with us for the first couple of weeks that we were here in Texas.  I was sick for over a week and we met with misfortune at every turn.  It was almost surreal. It got the the point that Brian and I would just laugh every time something awful happened because it had become too overwhelming to react in any other way. 
I am VERY happy to report that things our looking up :) We even found a dollar just sitting in the road yesterday while we were out for a jog. YAY!!! Things really are good. We have a nice apartment in a nice area of town. There are jogging trails all around us, Braden is back on a good sleeping and eating schedule, Brian's job is going well, and my mom is coming to visit at the end of the month! I guess sometimes life really does give you lemons and I must admit that we didn't make lemonade this time around, but apparently life ran out of lemons and had to start giving us something else :) Thank goodness for that. In the meantime, this has really cheered me up over the past couple of weeks...

I love him. I'm grateful that regardless of all the things that are tough to deal with, that I have beliefs and people in my life that remind me of what's truly important. No matter what - these faces always make me smile :)
Bri & B having play time. 

B got so thirsty that he couldn't wait 30 seconds for me to get him a drink...

Headed out for dinner. They clean up nice!!

B found all of my jewelry. He came out to show me how nice it looked.

Love his smile.

He refused to get dressed...so we stayed in and Braden had a naked day.

Me & my baby headed out to run errands.


This courtyard is outside our apartment. There is water, so naturally B thinks he has to take off 
his shirt and shoes every time we go out to play.


Blowing BUBBLES! (or eating them...not really sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment